They say that Jared Soosay will be residing in the Edmonton area and they are seeking a recognizance order on him. The police note that Soosay’s risk of offending “increases significantly if under the influence of intoxicants.”
Soosay also must follow a series of court-ordered conditions. They are listed as follows:
- He must abide by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- He must not purchase, possess or consume any alcoholic beverages. Must not consume or possess any drug listed in the schedules of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, including cannabis.
- He must not possess any drug paraphernalia (pipes of any kind, e-cigarettes, bongs, cigarette papers, syringes).
- He must not be in any licensed premises other than a dining room for the sole purpose of having a meal. Must not attend at any liquor store.
- He must not travel out of the City of Edmonton without written approval.
- He must not be in possession of weapons of any kind, including knives (except in his residence or at a restaurant for the sole purpose of consuming a meal).
- He must not enter into a dating, intimate, sexual relationship with any person, or have any friendships with females until their identities have been disclosed and they have been informed of his previous offending.
Anyone with information regarding potential breaches of these conditions are asked to contact police at 780-423-4567.
The information was released by police after careful deliberation and in the belief that it was in the public’s best interest. They note that “releasing this information is NOT intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.”