The Nectarine employees love to be the best at what they do and get better all the time. The news industry moves quickly and so do we. Our motto is to produce “Fresh News:” Factual, Relevant, Entertaining, Smart, and Human news, for Canada and the world. We help intelligent, creative, and hungry professionals make a meaningful impact in Canadian media and Canadian communities.
In today’s modern world, where technology dominates, we’ve found that the editorial role combines nicely with the content distribution role.
We are looking for someone with meticulous spelling, grammar, a love for words, and a deep understanding of the English language to edit our news articles, graphics, and videos. After you’ve given the green light for publication, you will be responsible for scheduling and distributing content across our network of websites and social media channels.
You will work closely with our content creation team including other editors and distributors, writers, graphic designers, motion graphic designers, and marketing team members to make sure content is perfectly edited and distributed to have the greatest impact possible. Being quick to respond and a real team player is part of our culture at The Nectarine. We encourage everyone to share details from their areas of expertise to make content creation and distribution better for our readers and employees.
What you’ll do
- Edit news articles, graphics, and videos for spelling, grammar, tone, and relevance
- Craft compelling social media descriptions and schedule content throughout the day
- Distribute articles, graphics, and videos across our websites and social media channels
- Find and assign stories that will best engage our audience to content creation team members
- Draw conclusions from analytics and prepare reports to improve effectiveness on our websites and social media
- Write the occasional breaking news story or analysis article
- Think critically about The Nectarine’s editing and distribution strategy and use your experience to help improve it
What you’ll bring
- Experience editing articles for a substantial publication
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms and news aggregators
- Strong editorial judgment with impeccable spelling and grammar
- Experience with analytics tools and preparing reports
- Experience managing newsletters is a plus
- Knowledge of on-page SEO and keyword research is a big plus
- A passion for reading
- A passion for creating Fresh News
This position is based out of Montreal, QC
BONUS: There is one purposeful error in the first three paragraphs of this job description. Include a mention of it in your application for major points.